Friday, January 1, 2010

Himalaya - Portsmouth

3208 Academy Ave
Portsmouth, VA 23703
(757)686-1588

This little Chinese take-out place used to be a standard for my wife and I. It is situated in Academy Crossing right next to Blockbuster video. We would go place an order, then pick out a movie and then go pick up our order. I'm not sure if Blockbuster kept Himalaya in order or vice versa, but it was a convenient location for us! I always got kung pao chicken, and it was the best I ever had. My wife usually got shrimp and broccoli. Technically you could eat it there as they have about 5 or 6 tables, but I never saw anyone eating in the dining area. Matter of fact it was rare to see anyone in there at all unless they were ordering. Most people were next door picking out a movie!

1 comment:

  1. You'll have to pick this up on the way home sometime, so I can compare it to Golden City. It's been a long time......sweet memories!!!!!

    ReplyDelete